Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Adobe Connect Saga

I once used Adobe Connect for one of my classes at DU, but  what I did was listen. What I did was listen, not presenting. The whole system of navigating looks strange and tedious.  After all lectures, self study and all, I ended up with many problem when I wanted to deliver my presentation.  I tried all the laptops in my house but they keep failing me. I get connection into the room but audio will not work and strange information keep coming into the screen like..... open a new meeting window or check your troubleshooting  for further assistance. Every instructions given on the laptop ended messing the whole system. I was infuriated and disturbed.

Since I live in Brighton, Colorado which is about 40 minutes drive to DU, I decided to go DU library on the day of my presentation in order to get further help. I got a private room for my presentation, listened to couple of  fellow classmates , on getting to my turn the system failed me again. I tried for more than three hours without success. I was sweating profusely, Fr. Alice was so concerned about me. She tried all efforts to put me through all to no avail. At the end of the day Dr. Alice to me to let go she will communicate with me through email.

On the new day for my presentation, I rushed to DU Tech Center and was guided through the connection process by opening some new windows and agreeing to some terms. I rushed to a private presentation room, tried to upload my slides no way not until Dr. Alice came to the rescue.  Dr. Alice ended up moving my slides forward and backward from her end as directed by me. From this experience, I felt what matters most in Webinar is to plan ahead. Give yourself quality time for equipment testing, rehearse, and be very focus. Do not be distracted because that may be the end of your presentation.

Good luck on your future presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment